Thursday, January 21, 2010

297 whooo hoooo

So I weighed in today at 297!!!! soooo exciting to see small results :) they feel huge to me. I did Zumba twice this week already, and will be doing it tonight at 6! I had a few mishaps this week as far as eating goes, like chic-fil-A nuggets instead of a grilled sandwich, 2 servings of taco salad instead of just 1 and some fruit. I also had a box of reeces pieces :/ when I should have shared them. I can say that having a short term goal to start out with has been very helpful, and not discouraging. I don't feel guilty about the mishaps, I just focus on not doing them repetitively. I've tried just cutting back everything at once and it lasted a week. One time I ate an entire box of nutty buttys b/c i felt deprived of chocolate and sweets...... At the beginning of this week i was doing really well about not eating sweets, and I had a moment of...... lets just say a small anxiety sweets attack. My heart was racing and I was feigning for cookies cake chocolate whatever had sugar in it. I needed help before I ate an entire bag of Inergy cookies, so i asked Mike Worley here at Livn what was happening to me. He explained to me that my body can't just go without something I've been with for over 20 yrs. He suggested to open a pack of sugar put a little in your mouth and follow it with a sweet apple or a piece of toast with jelly. I did the apple thing and it actually worked. Now mentally I was like phhhh yaw right! That is not going to taste like no cookie! but the point was is that it didn't have to. And it worked. SOOOO I'll be buying some sweet apples and some low calorie caramel dip :)

Anyhow, I will be leaving for TX tomorrow to see my family. This will be the first time away from my hubby since we've been married. I think it would be good for us. Granted we adore each other most of the time lol... but I love the feeling of refreshed acquaintances. I mean we do work together, and time spent apart is cut down to grocery shopping and shower time. Am I the only one who thinks a couple days apart is not a bad thing????


- Still LIVN!!!! whooo hooo

No comments:

Post a Comment